Friday, May 04, 2007

Skype on Symbian: Part II



Well, about 2 years ago, I posted how Skype would be a killer app on Symbian, and a hell of a lot of people in the blogosphere agreed (or had been stating this obvious fact already before I even thought about mentioning it) ... Well, you don't really have to wait any longer, sort of. (I am a bit late with this, but better later than never)

Skype still hasn't bothered to put out their own client application yet for the Symbian platform, but a third-party provider has -- it's called fring & it is currently FREE:

Download fring here

Being a total looser and still using my old school Symbian 1 Nokia 7650 (I have broken all of my previous phones ... S-E P900 (cracked screen), Nokia 9210i (broken keyboard), N-Gage (lost it), I have yet to test it to any great extent, but I did manage to get to play with it on my business partner's Nokia N95 (a total bad ass phone btw ... Nokia, why don't you send me one?). The voice quality for both SkypeOut and normal Skype-to-Skype calls was pretty good over EDGE ... can't complain. Check out it out and let me know what you think. The rumor is another company does something similar, but I could not find any other company via Google.


[ Technorati Tags: Symbian Skype VoIP
SIP Data Phones ]

No comments: